Boards and Commissions Membership
|Veterans and Military Affairs Advisory Board|
|Resolution (R-01-325, Enactment No. R-2001-141)|
|Third Wednesday of every month, 9-11 AM, at New Mexico Veterans' Memorial, 1100 Louisiana Blvd SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108. |
(1) To identify issues concerning Veterans and their dependents residing in the Albuquerque metropolitan area a Veterans and Military Affairs Advisory Board (“Board”) is hereby established.
(2) The Board shall function in an advisory capacity, assisting the Mayor in developing and implementing programs to resolve issues, alleviate conditions and improve the quality of life for our Veterans to the extent possible. The Board serves as a network for the exchange of information relative to Veterans activities.
(1) The Veterans Affairs and Military Advisory Board shall be made up of twelve (12) members and one ex officio member who shall be the Mayor’s Veterans Liaison Officer. Members shall be involved Veterans or representatives of Veteran Organizations providing services directly to Veterans or active military representing Veteran interests within military units, operating within the Albuquerque Metropolitan Area.
(2) The Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council shall appoint the members of the Board, seeking nominations from, but not limited to, the Veterans and Military Advisory Board, Veterans Organizations and Veteran Service Providers within the Albuquerque Metropolitan Area.
(3) The Mayor’s Veterans Liaison Officer shall be an ex officio member of the Board, and shall serve as executive chairman with full voting privileges. He or she shall be a Veteran.
(4) The Board may promulgate rules including rules to govern the conduct and attendance of the members.
|At Large||Mr. Brian D. Leen|
|At Large||Mr. Raymond Barrera, Jr.|
|At Large||Mr. Christopher Sedillo|
|At Large||Mr. Archie C. Garcia|
|At Large||Mr. Michael T Schramski|
|At Large||Mr. Brandon M Rodriguez|
|At Large||Ms. Patricia A. Gaston|
|At Large||Mr. Martin L Ethridgehill|
|At Large||Mr. Christopher M Timm|
|At Large||Mr. Stephen R. Overman|
|Mayor's Veterans Liaison Officer||Mr. Thomas Tozier|
|At Large||Ms. Jennifer N Swartz|
|Contact: Thomas Tozier, (505) 768-3000|