Boards and Commissions Membership
|Water Protection Advisory Board|
|Meetings are held the second Friday of each month at the Bernalillo County Offices located at 2400 Broadway SE from 8:30 am to 10:30 am.|
|§2-6-8-3 The purpose of the Water Protection Advisory Board Ordinance is to establish a combined City, Authority, and County advisory Board to:|
(A) Study and advise the City, the Authority, and the County on surface and ground water protection concerns, including policies necessary to enhance protection of surface and ground water quality;
(B) Oversee implementation of the Ground Water Protection Policy and Action Plan;
(C) Promote consistency in City, Authority, and County actions to protect surface and ground water quality;
(D) Advocate effective protection of surface and ground water quality.
(Ord. 36-1997; Am. Ord. 39-2006)
|§ 2-6-8-4 |
(A) Creation. There is hereby created a Ground Water Protection Advisory Board.
(B) Membership. The Board shall consist of nine members, three of whom shall be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the City Council, two of whom shall be appointed by the Authority, and three of whom shall be appointed by the County Commission. One member shall be appointed jointly by the County Commission and the Mayor with the advice and consent of the City Council. Initial membership shall consist of existing Groundwater Protection Advisory Board appointed members.
(C) Terms. Members shall be appointed for three year terms. No member shall serve more than two consecutive terms at a time. Members whose terms expire may continue to serve until a successor member is appointed. In such case when a new member is appointed, the term shall relate back to the time of expiration of the previous term. Service for a partial term of greater than two years constitutes a term for the purpose of determining the consecutive number of terms permissible. The terms of the members of the Board shall be staggered so that three members' terms shall expire each calendar year. The jointly-appointed member shall be appointed for a three-year term. Existing Groundwater Protection Advisory Board members shall continue to serve on the Water Protection Advisory Board until their terms expire.
(D) Vacancies. Vacant positions occurring as a result of an expired term shall be filled by the entity that appointed the outgoing member. Vacant positions occurring for reasons other than an expired term shall be filled by the entity that appointed the departing member, with the replacement member serving for the remainder of the unexpired term.
(1) Board members shall represent the public interest and have a commitment to surface or ground water protection. Due to the complexity of the issues involved in surface and ground water protection, members preferably should have some technical proficiency in surface or ground water matters. Also, because surface and ground water protection concerns may vary by geographic location and type of water and wastewater systems used, members should be representative of the diverse geographic range of the City and the County.
(2) City-appointed members shall be residents of the City and County-appointed members shall be residents of the County. The jointly-appointed member shall be a resident of the County. Authority-appointed members shall reside within the Authority service area.
(3) No person employed on a full time basis by either the City or the County shall be appointed to the Board. No elected City or County official, and no member of the immediate family of an elected City or County official, shall be appointed to the Board.
(F) Removal. A member of the Board may be removed from office by the appointing entity for any one or more of the following reasons.
(1) The member has been absent from three consecutive meetings, unless the absence was excused by the Chair. For this purpose, being absent is defined as not being in attendance 75% or more of the duration of each officially called meeting.
(2) The member has been absent, whether excused or not, from more than 50% of the meetings during any twelve consecutive months.
(3) The member is incapacitated, neglectful of duty, or commits malfeasance in office, as deter- mined by the appointing entity.
(Ord. 36-1997; Am. Ord. 39-2006)
|City||Ms. Camilla C Feibelman|
|City||Mr. Roland V Penttila|
|City||Ms. Suzanne M Busch|
|Joint||Dr. Kerry J Howe|
|Bernalillo County||Ms. Julia Maccini|
|Bernalillo County||Mr. Roberto Roibal|
|Bernalillo County||Mr. Steve Glass|
|Water Utility Authority||Mr. John Pietz|
|Water Utility Authority||Ms. Caroline Scruggs|
|Contact: Bart Faris, (505) 768-2658|