Boards and Commissions Membership
|Americans with Disabilities Act Advisory Council |
|Ordinance (2-6-5-1; 2-6-5-5)|
|DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND POWERS.|
The mission of the ADA Advisory Council is to support the civil rights of, and full integration into, Albuquerque community life for all people with disabilities.
The ADA Advisory Council shall:
1. Advise the Mayor and City Council on issues affecting people with disabilities.
2. Provide a public forum to identify, discuss, and address issues relevant to people with disabilities.
3. Report on accessibility problems around the City.
4. Provide information to the city's ADA Coordinator about disability concerns expressed by the public.
5. Provide information, educational opportunities and networking opportunities to all citizens with disabilities.
6. Establish criteria for prioritizing the remedial steps to address access needs within the community.
7. Develop operating procedures for the ADA Council.
8. Review City government program services and activity access for physical, sensory, or other impediments.
9. Review City codes with the City's Office of Diversity & Human Rights relating to disability rights and access.
10. Make recommendations to the Mayor and City Council regarding a community transition plan that addresses: barriers (non-structural) to city programs, services and activities and barriers (structural) to city facilities including parks and trails.
1. The ADA Council shall be comprised of 7 members, whom shall be individuals with disabilities. All efforst will be made to ensure cross-disability representation in the selection of ABQ ADA Council members.
2. ADA Council members shall serve without compensation.
3. The ADA Council shall select, by majority vote, two of the appointees as the chairperson and vice-chairperson of the Council.
|Individual with a disability||Vacant|
|Individual with a disability||Ms. Lisa A. Mcniven|
|Individual with a disability||Mrs. Karen J Cushnyr|
|Individual with a disability||Ms. Terri O'Hare|
|Individual with a disability||Ms. Sacheen Smith|
|Representative/Individual with a disability||Mr. Daniel M Strones|
|Representative/Individual with a disability||Vacant|
|Contact: Shannon Triplett, (505) 505-768-4712|