Boards and Commissions Membership
|Open Space Advisory Board|
|Fourth Tuesday of Month at the Open Space Visitor Center|
|Appointment. The Mayor, with the advice and consent of the Council, shall appoint a Seven member committee to be known as the Open Space Advisory Board. Members shall be citizens with a demonstrated commitment to the accomplishment of the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Comprehensive Plan. Members shall be knowledgeable as to open space, ecology, the real estate market, urban and regional planning and/or related law. Terms of office shall be three years except that initial terms will be staggered so that at least one position on the Board will expire each year.|
|(1) Study data, including ecological data, which should guide the adoption and amendment of open space plans and programs, maintain liaison and seek input from citizen interest groups including especially the Open Space Task Force.|
(2) Advise the EPC, the Mayor, and the City Council as to an appropriate city open space program, which advice shall include:
(a) Implementation of adopted open space plans;
(b) Priorities for the acquisition of "major public open space" or "public easement or rights" implementing the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Comprehensive Plan;
(c) Basic policies on management of city-owned open space; and
(d) Criteria for evaluating proposals for significant physical changes and installations on and adjacent to open space lands;
(e) Evaluation of proposals to install extraordinary facilities on city-owned open space; and
(f) Evaluation of proposals to sell, lease, exchange, or otherwise dispose of open space exchange lands or other lands acquired with open space funds.
(3) Annually make recommendations to the EPC, the Mayor, and the City Council on updating the open space program, including land acquisition and other open space capital improvements.
(4) Periodically review open space plans in consultation with citizen interest groups, especially the Open Space Task Force. Advise the EPC, the Mayor, and the City Council on needed new plans and plan amendments, ranging from detailed project plans to the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Comprehensive Plan. Make recommendations for the annual proposed city planning program.
(5) Upon request, advise or assist the Mayor in negotiations for open space land acquisition.
(6) The Board's recommendations shall be consistent with the conditions imposed on expenditure of interest of the Permanent Fund for Open Space as specified in §§ 4-2-3-1 et seq. and the conditions imposed on the expenditure of monies from the Quality of Life Fund as specified in Resolution 89-1987; the Board's proposals shall also take into account all funding sources available for the Open Space program.
(7) Approve the sale or lease of certain interests in Open Space Exchange Lands, as provided in § 4-2-3-5.
('74 Code, § 7-15-6) (Ord. 10-1983; Am. Ord. 79-1989; Am. Ord. 39-1990)
|At Large||Ms. Leslie Rene Horvath|
|At Large||Mr. Alan Reed|
|At Large||Mr. Michael J Jensen|
|At Large||Mr. Chris J Green|
|At Large||Ms. Twyla Mccomb|
|At Large||Dr. Tasia Young|
|At Large||Mr. Donald H Couchman|
|Contact: BobbieJo Garcia, (505) 768-5395|