Boards and Commissions Membership
|Balloon Museum Board Of Trustees|
|(H) Powers and Duties. The Board of Trustees shall have the following powers and duties:|
(1) To refine the mission, purpose and goals of the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum (hereafter, the Museum) and set the policies pursuant to which these shall be accomplished, where policies are defined to mean broad operational guidelines, within which programmatic and administrative decisions may be made and implemented in accordance with accepted city administrative procedures;
(2) To review and recommend the budget recommendations proposal to be submitted to the Mayor;
(3) To review and recommend an annual fee schedule for renting the facilities in the Museum;
(4) To review and recommend the Museum's programming as recommended by the Executive Director Museum Manager;
(5) To review and recommend guidelines and procedures for selecting the resident tenants and concessionaires of the Museum and for allocating the facilities of the Museum to all other potential users; and
(6) To review, recommend, and acknowledge the form of recognition in the Museum for donors to the Museum Endowment;
(7) To review and recommend design and construction of projects for the museum; and
(8) To prepare and submit an annual report of its activities to the Mayor and the City Council.
('74 Code, § 11-22-1A.) (Ord. 5-1990; Am. Ord. 55-1993)
|§ 10-4-5-1 BOARD OF TRUSTEES.|
There is created an Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum Board of Trustees (hereafter, Board of Trustees) which shall be constituted and shall serve as follows:
(A) Members. The Board of Trustees shall consist of 13 members:
(1) Three designees of the Anderson-Abruzzo International Balloon Museum Foundation, Inc. (hereafter, the Foundation) whose activities will assist in support of the Museum's overall mission and day-to-day operations, who are selected by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council from a list submitted by the Foundation. The final selection shall include at least one member of the Foundation's Board of Directors;
(2) The Director of the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs or his/her designee;
(3) Seven members from the public at-large, appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council;
(4) One designee representing the Maxie Anderson family to be 3 recommended by the descendants of Maxie Anderson and appointed by the 4 Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council; and 5
(5) One designee representing the Ben Abruzzo family to be 6 recommended by the descendants of Ben Abruzzo and appointed by the 7 Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council.
(B) Terms. The terms of the Foundation designees and at-large members shall be three years, and those members may not serve more than two terms consecutively. The designee for the Anderson family and the designee for the Abruzzo family may each serve until a different representative is selected to replace him/her as set forth in Section A herein. The family designees and the Director of the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs shall not be subject to limits on length and duration of terms.
(C) Residency. The members of the Board of Trustees need not be 1 residents of the city, provided, however, all at-large members shall be 2 residents of the State of New Mexico.
(D) Officers. The Board of Trustees shall elect a Chairperson, a Vice-Chairperson and such other officers as the Board deems appropriate to carry out its duties.
(E) Bylaws. The Board of Trustees shall adopt such bylaws as may be necessary to conduct elections, provide notice of meetings and otherwise govern its proceedings.
(F) Meetings. The Board of Trustees shall meet no less frequently than six times each year.
(G) Executive Committee. The Board of Trustees may, by duly adopted resolution, delegate specific authority to act between regular board meetings to an executive committee.
|Anderson Family Appointee||Mr. Michael L. Anderson|
|Maxie Anderson Foundation||Mr. Troy Alan Bradley|
|Abruzzo Family Appointee||Mrs. Nancy Abruzzo|
|Maxie Anderson Foundation||Mr. Tom J. Fisher|
|Maxie Anderson Foundation||Dr. Karen E Brown, PhD|
|At Large||Mr. Gregory G. Shuman|
|At Large||Mrs. Roberta J. Lucero-Tuley|
|At Large||Mr. Sidney (Sid) M Gutierrez|
|At Large||Mrs. Cindy Hernandez-Wall|
|At Large||Mrs. Elizabeth A Mcdermott|
|At Large||Mr. Peter J Cuneo|
|At Large||Ms. Angela M Romero|
|NM Officer of Cultural Affairs||Vacant|
|Contact: Paul Garver, (505) 768-6030|