Information Technology Policies and Standards
|Network Access Policy|
To Be Reviewed
|Applies to all devices connected to networks owned and managed by the City of Albuquerque.|
- No non-City owned or managed platforms (PDAs, PCs, laptops, handhelds or any other devices capable of attaching to the network) will be directly connected through any means to the City’s networks. At no time will traffic bypass City of Albuquerque security measures.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections will be used for remote access to the City’s network. Approved VPN access is not a universal benefit and may be revoked at any time.
- No modem, routing, switching or wireless devices will be used to connect to City network assets without prior approval and registration with the Technical Review Committee.
- All platforms approved by the Technical Review Committee for connection to the City’s networks will have the City’s standard anti-virus protection software and all platforms will have the latest operating system security updates.
|The City of Albuquerque has made, and will continue to make, a significant investment implementing an information sharing infrastructure to meet the business needs of the City, the work requirements of employees, and the communication needs of the public. This policy is required to protect that infrastructure and the business needs of the City and its citizens.
- A procedure should be created to detail the TRC process for the approval and registration for connecting modem, routing, switching or wireless devices to City network assets.
- Is there or should there be a VPN access procedure?
- Should the content of this policy be transferred to IT governance?
- Should accountability of this policy fall under the purview of the Network ITSD Director?
|Contact: Hipolito Fierro, (505) 768-2724|