Information Technology Policies and Standards
|Employee Internet Management "Filtering" Policy|
To Be Reviewed
|Applies to all Internet access from the City's networks.|
- Internet access from the City's networks may be "filtered" using a third-party product or service.
- Access shall be limited or blocked based upon categories or protocols defined by the vendor of the product or service. The category and protocol names shall be published in a standard. Each category or protocol blocked or limited in the standard shall reference the applicable City policy.
- Employees requiring access to blocked or limited sites in order to conduct official City business only may request an exemption from a site restriction. At its option, the City may request that the vendor re-categorize the site. A request procedure shall be published.
- Employees may not request exemption from restriction of sites that are not directly related to conducting official City business.
- Employees may not request exemption from limitation or blocking by category or protocol.
- Authorized administrators may temporarily add known sites to a local, custom "blocked" category or protocol on an emergency basis in order to protect the City's information technology assets (i.e., during a virus outbreak).
|This policy provides a means to enforce compliance with City policies (e.g., Employee Internet Usage Policy, E-Mail Usage Policy).|
|Contact: Lee Stark, (505) 768-2978|